Note: If listening here, be patient after you push play! The file needs to load before it'll begin to play. It may take a minute or longer depending on your connection speed. If you don't like that, you can download the podcast by clicking the link in the player, or listen in iTunes on your computer (link below) or on the free phone app (search 'Conquered 4 Life').
In this episode of Conquered 4 Life, we talk to Paul Thompson, a musical jack of all trades who has worked with PRINCE, STEVIE WONDER, WEEZER, DOLLY PARTON, and more.
- Talk with The Genie:
- Pondering Genie’s Role in this show
- Our Indiana Jones marathon
- Understanding Daydrunk Monk
- PWR BTTM: Why Donald Trump is president while their career ends
- Paul Thompson
- Meeting Glenn Danzig
- Cats are in the Chinese food
- Lose your hair, write better songs
- Playing in a hair metal band and getting on MTV
- Working for Prince
- Rick Rubin: a minimalist producer?
- <aking money off Eric Clapton’s green room
- LISTENER QUESTIONS:
- Did Prince record his vocals by himself?
- Did you ever play basketball with Prince
- Dressing to impress: yourself
- The truth behind Prince’s guitars
- DOLLY PARTON
- Glen Campbell's drums
- A day with Dolly
- Fave thing Dolly would say
- Key to Success: Say Yes
- Working on the Jay Leno show with STEVIE WONDER
- Wait, my friend is in Weezer?
- Pat Wilson’s fave drummer
- Playing drums for Weezer
- Why play live to a click?
- Why make “rap”
- Steely Dan - off by one BPM
- Attack at Ariana Grande show
- How spending time around amazing artists affects your own creativity
- Inside jokes with Bad Company
- Build-A-Band Workshop
- Hey, Paul! What should this song sound like?
Check out my Covers of Classic Singer-Songwriters on Patreon: patreon.com/ctconquered
Podcast logo by Eddie Fieg.