Note: If listening here, be patient after you push play! The file needs to load before it'll begin to play. It may take a minute or longer depending on your connection speed. If you don't like that, you can download the podcast by clicking the link in the player, or listen in iTunes on your computer (link below) or on the free phone app (search 'Conquered 4 Life').
In Part 1 of this episode, Christopher the Conquered & The Genie talk to CtC band mates Drew Selim & H.D. Harmsen on how Christopher chalks up as a bandleader and the rules of being in a band. Loads of listener questions addressed, too! Also, be sure to check out Part 2 after listening to this.
H.D. Harmsen is a singer-songwriter and previous bassist for Christopher the Conquered. Drew Selim is Christopher's drummer. They both performed on the album 'I'm Giving Up On Rock & Roll' and have toured with Christopher. In this episode, we discuss with them:
- Why Genie is wearing my pants
- Shows in BioDomes Where Everyone is Naked
- Why Do you Play Music
- Drew and I discuss our “creative tensions”
- To Metronome or not to Metronome
- What is the definition of a good musician?
- The Drummer is Hillary Clinton, the Producer is Donald Trump
- Finding Gratitude and Translating that into your Work Ethic
- How Personal Satisfaction Heals Your Artistic Efforts
- What makes a good band leader, what makes a good player?
- How should creative contributors be credited?
- A Band vs. A Brand
- How to make a musical project survive
- Surviving Your Own Gimmicks
- How to Lead A Rehearsal
- How to make rehearsal worth it
- Being A Band Leader: A Prison?
- Stuck with Arthur
- Slaughterhouse 6
- Depression Session w/ Chris Biagini
- Business Lesson from Frank Zappa Video
- H.D. Harmsen's Papoose
- DSM Folk Collective - May 13th - Info
- New World Songbook at Noce - Tickets
Check out my Covers of Classic Singer-Songwriters on Patreon: patreon.com/ctconquered
Podcast logo by Eddie Fieg.