An every-other-week or so "podcast" from me, Christopher Ford (Christopher the Conquered, Gloom Balloon, Maximum Ames Records) in which I discuss recent happenings in my little world of music with my friend and bad music lover Chris Biagini aka "The Genie".
In Episode 4 Pt. 1, we discuss:
- The test pressing!
- How to make an album release work when everything goes wrong
- Music videos with fire
- Price per ounce: Miller Lite vs. Old Milwaukee
- The publicity feedback loop
- Filming the police
- Is there value to a consistent aesthetic in presentation of art?
- Good Charlotte in the middle of the night
- Music videos: Art or marketing material?
- Safety in "professionalism"
- Making a snare drum sound good with The Genie's microphone
- What's in a name? Why some people get married.
- Explaining phase in recording. This is science.
- My new single and Yahoo getting real about Christopher.
- I like his old stuff better.
- The Genie becomes famous
- I'm Not Giving Up On Sex & Roll
- "Touching" people through music
- The mistake of using gimmicks to make people like you
- Things to not say from stage: try a little subtlety
- Why are you at this show right now?
- That one movie Inception
- Homework: Rise Against & Tom Waits
- Listener Emails: Yes, we have listeners!
- [RECOMMENDATION] Annalibera's "Blooms"
- [RECOMMENDATION] Lucca Soria
- [HOMEWORK] Rise Against's Endgame
- [HOMEWORK] Tom Waits' Closing Time
- Good Charlotte's "Girls & Boys"
- Michael Jackson's "Black or White"
- OK Go's "Here It Goes Again"
- Black Key's "Lonely Boy"
- My new single "I'm Giving Up On Rock & Roll"
- 19 Worst Things About Woodstock '99
- Randy Newman's "I Want Everyone to Like Me"
- Max Jury's "Home"
- Annalibera's "Black Cat White Cat"
- MR NASTI
Also - we are now on iTunes, so subscribe here.
Check out The Genie's blog: geniewithabenie.tumblr.com