Episode 11 features Peter Michael Miller of We Are The Willows and the debut of another track from my forthcoming studio album I'm Giving Up On Rock & Roll! Conquered 4 Life is an every-other-week or so "podcast" from me, Christopher Ford (Christopher the Conquered, Gloom Balloon, Maximum Ames Records) in which I discuss recent happenings in my little world of music with my friend and bad music lover Chris Biagini aka "The Genie".
In Episode 11, we discuss:
- Difference between when the song is art and when it becomes a product
- What is indie music?
- What will make you starting thinking about the money?
- Wait a sec: Is your art a cheeseburger that fell on the ground? Why is Wilco worth more than Christopher the Conquered?
- How much are you worth?
- I explain exactly how I pay my band.
- The power of positivity: how many bands do I really actually like?
- Why don’t musicians trust people who say they want to help them?
- Making people open their doors before you knock
- How to get musicians to do what you want them to do
- Genie tries to figure out how to book an out of town show and we sit him down!
- We tell you everything you need to know about how to book yourself. BOOM. Keys to the kingdom, baby.
- Debut of the song "Mystery" from my new album! You have to listen to the very end.
Listen to all episodes at: christophertheconquered.com/podcast
Also - we are on iTunes, so subscribe here.
Check out The Genie's blog: geniewithabenie.tumblr.com
Podcast logo by Eddie Fieg.